Thursday, January 3, 2013

Brunch with the bride.

This past November, bestie blessed me with a bridal shower! The theme was "Brunch with the Bride" and was put together in a palate of ivory, metallics, and blush to complement the fall season. It was a perfect excuse to eat all the carbs!



First of all, aren't the invitations precious! Once again, bestie and I tweaked wedding invitations into shower invites. Much classier and they come with an online template. Plus they were crazy on sale at Michael's! 



We used tons of my mom's old silver to serve on, plus some gems that she found at the Dollar Tree (to which she always reminds me that, "It's only a DOLLAR!". Silly Mom.) Not to mention there were all the donuts and bagels a girl could hope for. Have I mentioned that I haven't met a carbohydrate that I didn't like?



Look at the delicate antique lace and the sparkly potpourri that bestie also gave out as favors! I am also being won over by the beauty and effectiveness of bud vases over full arrangements. More bang for your buck!



 Look at that concentration! Unlike so many horrors of cheesy bridal showers past, bestie planned cute games that totally took advantage of my addiction to celebrity gossip websites.


  
In the end, brunch makes for a happy bride and bridesmaids...not to mention a happy kitty who gets to reap the rewards of leftover gift bags ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment